A memorial service for Jacqueline Way Warnecke, 77, a Carson City resident for the past 26 years, will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at FitzHenry’s Chapel of Faith.
September 8, 2002
Mrs. Warnecke was a substitute teacher in the Carson City School District. Her expertise was in helping special-needs children. She was a past member of the Eastern Star, a member of the Republican Central Committee and a past member of the Navy League. She was an Episcopal.
She was an avid bridge player and enjoyed participating in blackjack tournaments. She was a founding life member of Lions Camp Dat-So-La-Lee and a life member of Canine Companions for Independence.
Among her survivors are her husband Jack. G. of Carson City; sons Capt. John R. and James G. of Jacksonville, Fla.; daughters Judith W. Cranston of Fairfield, Calif. and Jill A. Kowalik of La Habra Heights, Calif.; sister Gail Martin of Glide, Ore.; seven grandsons and one great-granddaughter.
Cremation will be at FitzHenry’s Crematory.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Lions Eye Foundation of California-Nevada, P.O. Box 7999, San Francisco, CA 94720-7999.
FitzHenry’s Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’