Accident victim in satisfactory condition
September 1, 2002
According to Douglas County Deputy Rick Sousa, the truck was northbound on 395 with a load of sod purchased at Home Depot, just a quarter-mile south of the accident.
He said the late-model Chevy Silverado started to shake and when the driver attempted to slow down, he lost control and rolled the vehicle. At some point, the rear axle on the truck snapped and the truck landed right side up on the shoulder just east of the road.
Passenger Derek Cotrin walked away from the accident, which is under investigation according to Trooper Michael Primeaux of the Nevada Highway Patrol.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing