Burglar foiled by trail of blood
August 23, 2002
A burglar was caught after he cut his hand during a break-in and left a trail of blood from the scene of the crime to his front door, police said.
Workers at Lincare in the 100 block of Park Street called police about 8 a.m. Thursday when they discovered someone had broken a skylight in the roof of the building, said Lt. Ray Saylo of the Carson City Sheriff’s Department. The burglar apparently rummaged through items inside and left empty- but bloody-handed.
When officers arrived to investigate, Saylo said, they discovered a trail of blood that went from the business, down Park Street, across Carson Street and led to a home in the 1500 block of Curry Street.
A 14-year-old boy there admitted his involvement, according to Saylo, and was taken to Carson-Tahoe Hospital, where he received stitches for the injury to his hand.
“He went there for the laughing gas, but there wasn’t any. I guess the laugh’s on him,” Saylo said.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- 4 Northwest Nevada solar projects proposed