Cab driver robbed in Carson City
April 6, 2002
Carson City deputies are looking for a man who robbed a Reno cab driver at gunpoint about 3 p.m. Thursday in the city’s historic district.
The driver, who was not injured in the robbery, picked up the 25-year-old white male adult about 1:57 p.m. near Harrah’s in downtown Reno.
The pair was traveling south near Caroline Street and Nevada Street about 2:43 p.m. when the rider pointed a .38-caliber handgun at the driver.
“Give me the money. Don’t do anything stupid,” the robber said.
He was described as a clean-shaven 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing about 230 pounds with long dark hair. He was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, black corduroy pants and black loafers and had a tribal tattoo on his left arm.
The driver relinquished about $90, and the robber was last seen walking toward Carson Street.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Carson City Sheriff’s Office detective division at 887-2020, extension 1400.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand