• RSVP Spring Fun Fair at Mills Park through Sunday. Features carnival rides, midway of fun, vendors, crafts and entertainment. Call 687-4680.
Mother’s Day Rotary Rose Sale, through Sunday at FISH Thrift Store, 138 E. Long St. Price $20 per dozen; first-come, first-served. Sale open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today and from 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Call 882-8448.
• Proscenium Players, Inc. present “Bleacher Bums,” 8 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, students and seniors, $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Sierra Chapter 403 second annual Fly In at the Carson City Airport today and Sunday. Includes pancake breakfast and lunch today for nominal donation; open to the public. Call 885-1945.
• Annual First United Methodist Men’s Yard Sale, 7 a.m. to noon, 412 W. Musser St. Features wide assortment of merchandise including furniture and appliances, also Youth Pancake Breakfast. Call 882-1436.
• Boy Scout Troop 145 16th annual rummage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Seeliger Elementary School, 2800 S. Saliman Road. Raffle also to be held; tickets $1 each or 6 for $5. Call 882-3075.
• Spring Fling K-9 Event, sponsored by Carson City 4 Paws 4-H Dog Club, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Fuji Park. A dog show and competition. Free to spectators; entrants need not be members of 4-H. Includes showmanship; obedience; agility and more. Entry is $5 per dog for first class; $3 for each additional class. Call 887-2252 or 849-9297.
• Annual March of Dimes WalkAmerica, 9 a.m. at Capitol Grounds. Registration and continental breakfast at 8 a.m. Register online at http://www.WalkAmerica.org or call 826-2166.
• AYSO Soccer registration, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Carson High School North Lobby, 1111 N. Saliman. Bring copy of child’s birth certificate (unless returning player); or by Internet at http://www.eayso.org.
• Free Pepsi Major League Baseball Pitch, Hit and Run Competition, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Four age groups available: 7-8; 9-10; 11-12; 13-14. Registration/waiver must be completed; e-mail email@example.com or call Zane Cole at 882-8820 or 450-6047.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group dog adoption event, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Petco Store, 955 Topsy Lane. Visit http://www.dawgrescue.com or call 267-9824.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1210 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 6 p.m. Features several classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Rap and soul artists Soul 2 Soul perform at 7 p.m. at The Solid Rock Cafe, 264 W. Winnie Lane. Free admission; call 721-5584.
• McAvoy Layne and Baron von Remmel present a sneak preview of “Nevada’s Story,” a musical comedy all about gambling in Nevada at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Cost $10 per person; proceeds benefit BAC Stage Kids. Call 883-1976.
• 4 PawsClub Dog Fun Match, 8 p.m. at Fuji Park. Call Sandy Wallin at 887-2252.
• e-Waste Day in Mound House, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 2nd Place thrift and consignment store, 10128 Highway 50 East, Mound House. Call 246-1779.
• Genoa Courthouse Museum opens for the season with an Open House and a Civil War event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 782-4325.
• A free concert of Romantic Spanish music, 4:45 p.m. at Genoa Town Hall, Main Street, Genoa, featuring Dr. Ruppel. Call 782-0568.
• 23rd annual Cinco De Mayo ICS Chili Cook-off in Virginia City. Cooks meeting at 10, cooking begins at 10:30 a.m., public tasting at 12:30 p.m. Tasting kits $2. Call 847-0311.
• Mark Twain’s Flour Sack Auction at Piper’s Opera House, 12 S. B St. in Virginia City. Call 847-0311.
• Comstock Variety Show at 7 p.m. at Piper’s Opera House on B Street, Virginia City. Features The Virginia City Theater Muckers, Gold Hill Theater Troupe and Red Rose Productions with Silver City Children’s Chorus. Tickets $10 at the door. Call 847-0433.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Fifth annual Big Mama’s Show and Shine, a day of food, music, and great looking classic cars and trucks at Lampe Park Pavilion, Gardnerville. Check-in from 8-10 a.m.; show and shine 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Awards at 3 p.m. Call for registration forms and information; 783-6455.
• Brain Cancer Awareness Week Extravaganza by Pau-Wa-Lu Leadership class, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Minden Park Pavilion. Includes car wash, barbecue, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, bake sale, silent auction and more. A benefit for UCLA brain cancer research in memory of Marty Cronin. Call Men Dedmon at 265-6100.
• Mark Twain Tonight! featuring Hal Holbrook at 8 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets $60; call (877) 639-3728.
• Comstock Arabian Horse Show, 8 a.m. today and Sunday at Fuji Park front arena. Call Linda Zimmerman at 972-7241.
• Carson City Historical Society Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Sunday (weather permitting) at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St. Variety of items both days, oak furniture today only. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Nevada Appeal photographer Rick Gunn presents a free audio-visual show of his travels through Northern China, 7 p.m. today and Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• May Daze Horse Show, 8 a.m. today and Sunday at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach. Hosted by High Desert Horsemen. Includes halter, English and Western riding classes Today; driving classes Sunday. Food available on grounds; call Margy Hamilton at 629-0807.
• 39th annual Jackpot of Gems 2005 show at the Reno Livestock Events Center Exhibit Hall, 1350 Wells Ave., Reno. Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Cost $4 general; $3 seniors; $2 children 6-12. Call 356-8820.
• Topaz Sagehens 29th annual Rummage and Bake Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Topaz Ranch Estates Park building. Also hot dogs, soda, pies, cakes and more. Call Carolyn Purkiss at (775) 266-9482.
• Archaeology Awareness and Historic Preservation Week May 8-14. Includes Barns or Bust bus tour today; call Jack Hursh at 746-3252; excavating the historic Acey Person’s Sawmill today and May 14, call Greg Haynes at 884-8102; Nevada Rock Art Foundation tour, call Alanah Woody at 315-5497; walking tour of Wells Avenue neighborhood, call Susie Carter at 787-3170, and many more in Carson City, Virginia City and Reno. Call Bob Harmon at 687-8323.
• Dujeous performs at 11 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $5; 21-older only. Call 530-583-2801.
• Mother’s Day Tea at noon at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $18 per person, includes scones with toppings, fresh fruit, sandwiches and desserts. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Paulina Rubio performs at 9 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $65, $45. Call 789-2285.