May 19, 2005
• Armed Forces Day ceremony at noon at the Legislative Mall, South Carson Street.
• World Dance open-floor night, 7 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Free for all ages; performances start at 8, hosted by Ali Baba’s Belly Dance Productions. Call 882-0372.
• WNCC’s Lone Mountain Writers and Tahoe/Reno International Film Festival screen eight short films at 7:30 p.m. at Marlette Hall, 2201 W. College Parkway. Tickets $15 per person; call 298-0018.
• Mose Allison, blues meets Bartock, performs at 9 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $30; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• BAC Stage Kids present “We The People” at 7 p.m. today-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. All seats $5; call 883-1976.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents musical “Beauty and The Beast,” 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. matinees Saturday-Sunday at the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $18 general, $16 students and seniors, $14 youth 17-younger. Call 445-4249.
Recommended Stories For You
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• National MS Walk-a-thon, 7 a.m. to noon at Mills Park Pavilion A. Call Linda Lott at 329-7180.
• Running for Pride. Cadets from Western Nevada Community College Police Officer Academy run at 8 a.m. from WNCC to the Peace Officers Memorial at the Legislative Plaza and back. Call 445-4408.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit garage sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 29 W. Sunset Way. Includes small appliances, kitchen ware, baby items, clothing, furniture and more. Call 265-6982.
• Spring Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Carson City Recreation Skateboard Tournament, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mills Park. Call 887-2290, ext. 101.
• Free gardening seminar “Let’s Talk Tomatoes” at 11 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• “A Spiritual Approach to Health Care” talk, 11 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive, presented by Margaret Rogers, a Christian science practitioner and healer. Call 883-2178.
• An afternoon of bingo and friendship, 11 a.m. at Corpus Christi Catholic Church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Sponsored by St. Benedict Society, early bingo begins at 11:30, regular bingo at 12:15-2:30 p.m. Cash and raffle prizes offered, 50/50 drawing. Must be 21-older to play. Call 882-1967.
• Dog Town Rescue monthly adoption event, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at PetCo on Topsy Lane; http://www.dogtown.petfinder.com or call (775) 934-5774.
• American Legion Post 56 and Auxiliary Unit 56 installation of officers, 2 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Hall, corner of Second and Curry streets. Buffet luncheon served, call Ramona Long for reservations at 885-7585 or Donna Duncan at 882-7276.
• Special Commemoration Dinner for the Ron Wood Family Resource Center 10-year anniversary, 6:30 p.m. at the Piñon Plaza Resort. Tickets $100 per person or $700 for table for eight. RSVP to at 884-2269. Proceeds benefit programs at the center. Donations accepted at 212 E. Winnie Lane.
• Carson City Raceway at Fuji Park arena features AMA Pro Speedway, youth speedway, pee wee speedway, pocket motorcycles, bicycle races, econobox drags and kids versus kops “Beat the Heat” challenge. Pits open at 5, main gate at 6, racing at 7 p.m. Call 882-2460.