July 12, 2005
• “Advance Directives,” a free presentation on the fundamentals of creating advance directives, 12:30-1:30 p.m. at Carson Convalescent Center Conference Room, 2898 Highway 50 East. Refreshments available; seating limited. RSVP to 882-3301, ext. 320 before July 12.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening, walk, 6:30 p.m. on Westside trail to the Observatory. Meet at Bristol and Longview, near the park. Call 885-2166.
• See “Wild, Wild West” film at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way. Painters of all levels welcome. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
Recommended Stories For You
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar hosts a charity “Battle for the Tips,” between the Carson City Sheriff and Fire departments, 11 a.m. to 10 a.m. at 3300 S. Carson St. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. the Silver Oaks Golf Course Club House, 1251 Country Club Drive. A representative from Starbucks will be guest speaker. Cost $13 per person; call Dena Hug at 885-9431.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Carson City Emblem Club No. 507 Public Bunco Party, 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Cost $5 per person; call 882-5311.
• Carson City Young Democrats meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s. Open to all Democrats age 35-younger. Call 841-3367.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• The Douglas County Republican Central Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Stateline Sheriff substation in Judge Glasson’s courtroom, 175 Highway 50. Contact Chairwoman Valida McMichael at 721-4744, Valley Vice Chairman Joe Denton at 265-7465 or Lake Vice-Chairwoman Kathleen Sloan at 588-3726 orgo to http://www.douglasnvgop.com
• Lou Rawls performs at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom through Saturday. Call 356-3300.
• United Blood Services Blood Drive, 9 a.m. to noon at Carson City Mazda/Hyundai, 3550 S. Carson St. Call 887-9111.
• Carson City Active 20-30 Club hosts a Street Party, 6-10 p.m. on Curry Street behind Mo and Sluggo’s. Features live band, barbecue and vendors. Call (530) 545-2639.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Rock Night theme features live music by Fast Forward, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Decades Bar and Grille presents ’70s Night, 8 p.m. at 1475 Hot Springs Road. Features music, dancing, food and drink, prizes for disco king and diva, grooviest dude and chick and more. Call 883-8889.
• New Life Foursquare Mission Team Spaghetti Feed and Silent Auction, 6 p.m. at Dayton Community Center on Pike Street. Adults $5, children $3. Call Erin Fierro at 246-0930.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy