July 13, 2005
• Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar hosts a charity “Battle for the Tips,” between the Carson City Sheriff and Fire departments, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 3300 S. Carson St. Proceeds benefit Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Children’s Cabinet.
• An open house at the new Conservation and Natural Resources Building, 4-6:30 p.m. The structure at 901 S. Stewart St. will be dedicated at 10 a.m. as the Richard H. Bryan Building with Gov. Kenny Guinn, Conservation and Natural Resources Director Allen Biaggi and invited guests.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. the Silver Oaks Golf Course Club House, 1251 Country Club Drive. A representative from Starbucks will be guest speaker. Cost $13 per person; call 885-9431.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Carson City Emblem Club No. 507 Public Bunco Party, 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Cost $5 per person; call 882-5311.
• Carson City Young Democrats meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s. Open to all Democrats age 35-younger. Call 841-3367.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246-5296.
• The Douglas County Republican Central Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Stateline Sheriff substation in Judge Glasson’s courtroom, 175 Highway 50. Contact Chairwoman Valida McMichael at 721-4744, Valley Vice Chairman Joe Denton at 265-7465 or Lake Vice-Chairwoman Kathleen Sloan at 588-3726 or go to http://www.douglasnvgop.com
• Lou Rawls performs at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom through Saturday. Call 356-3300.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• United Blood Services Blood Drive, 9 a.m. to noon at Carson City Mazda/Hyundai, 3550 S. Carson St. Call 887-9111.
• United Blood Services Blood Drive, noon-3 p.m. at Capital Ford, 3550 S. Carson St. Call 887-9111.
• Carson City Active 20-30 Club hosts a Street Party, 6-10 p.m. on Curry Street behind Mo and Sluggo’s. Features live band, barbecue and vendors. Call (530) 545-2639.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Rock Night theme features live music by Fast Forward, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Decades Bar and Grille presents ’70s Night, 8 p.m. at 1475 Hot Springs Road. Features music, dancing, food and drink, prizes for disco king and diva, grooviest dude and chick and more. Call 883-8889.
• New Life Foursquare Mission Team Spaghetti Feed and Silent Auction, 6 p.m. at Dayton Community Center on Pike Street. Adults $5, children $3. Call Erin Fierro at 246-0930.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• An Evening of Cowboy Classics and Range Poetry with Dennis Golden and Texas Tom Weatherby, 7:30 p.m. at Bowers Mansion on Old Highway 395, Washoe Valley. Free; call 849-1825.
• Billy Idol performs at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $65, $45; call 789-2285.
• Blanchette School of Irish Dancers from Carson City join the Chieftains in Sparks for an Artown performance at John Ascuaga’s Nugget at 8 p.m. Call 267-0827.
• “Opera in Blue Jeans,” a free, informal concert from 7-9 p.m. at Bartley Ranch amphitheater, 6000 Bartley Ranch Road, Reno. Call 786-4046.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy