July 15, 2005
• Carson High School Football Boosters Car Wash, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Arco AM/PM, 1017 N. Carson St. Team players will wash the cars. Call 883-5130.
• Free Shade Trees presentation, 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Carson St. Call 882-8600.
• Lone Mountain Veterinary Hospital first-ever “Flea(less) Market and Raffle,” 9 a.m. at 780 E. College Parkway. Benefits New Hope Pet Alliance. Call 883-3136.
• Dog Town Rescue Dog Adoption, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Petco, 911 Topsy Lane. Visit http://www.dogtown.petfind-er.com or call (775) 934-5774.
• Free seminar on Daylilies with Keith Miner of California Daylilies, 11 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church afternoon of bingo and friendship, 5335 Snyder Ave. Doors open at 11 a.m., bingo begins at 11:30 Concessions available; free coffee and popcorn. Must be 21 years of age to play; 50/50 drawing held. Call 882-1967.
Recommended Stories For You
• Carson City Fraternal Order of Eagles Picnic, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 1380 E. Fifth St. Includes games, free food to members, and more. Call Dick Clyde at 841-5758.
• Free bilingual poetry writing workshop by Roy Chavez Alvarado, 2-4 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• B*M*T PROMOTIONS is holding its 10th annual British-European Vintage Motorcycle Show/Swap and Motocross this weekend. The show/swap will be from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at Fuji Park today. The Vintage Motocross on Sunday at Champion Speedway.
• Carson City Emblem Club No. 507 Western Barbecue, 6:30 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Cost $8 per person; open to the public. Call 882-8874.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Northern Tour 100 and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Auditions for “The Last Five Years” at 2 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• Thunder Bowl Speedway Flattrack TT Scrambles in Mound House. Gates open at 5, racing at 7 p.m. Includes beginner to expert, kids, pro-payback races for motorcycles, vintage bikes and quad ATVs. Call 233-6636.
• Bluegrass and Old Time Music on The Comstock, at Virginia City’s Miners Park. Includes food and beverage vendors, RV and tent camping, areas for “jamming,” and more, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. today through Sunday, plus a Sunday morning Gospel show. Admission $25 for the weekend; camping $25 per night; $5 Sunday only. Call (800) 889-1240.
• Washoe basket weaving demonstration and history 10 a.m. at Washoe Lake State Park. Call 687-4319.
• “Old Guns and Black Powder Smoke,” a free presentation at 1 p.m. at Mormon Station State Historic Park, Genoa. Meet under the big tree at the stockade. Call 782-2590.
• Northern Nevadans for Nebraska Summerfest, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Davis Creek park. All University of Nebraska alumnus and supporters welcome to attend. Bring your own food and drink, dessert provided. Call Bill Glaser at 267-3983.
• Lyon County Horsemen’s Association Helping Hands Clinic, 10 a.m. at 2325 Ramsey Cutoff, Silver Springs. Call 577-2956.
• Family Fun Day at the Nevada Historical Society, 1-3 p.m. 1650 N. Virginia St. Free admission; call 688-1190.
• Lewis Black performs at 9 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe. Tickets $45, $35; call (800) 648-3353.
• An Evening with Bruce Hornsby, 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $45; call 789-2285.
• Lou Rawls performs at 8 p.m. at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom today through today. Call 356-3300.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. for buffet lunch and meeting at the Carson Nugget, 507 N. Carson St. Guest speaker is Assemblyman Lynn Hettrick. Cost $17; guests welcome. Call 841-3553.
• Capital City Summer Music Series, a free concert on the lawn of the Legislative Plaza, 5 p.m., features Hired Help. Call 687-7410.
• Author Jan Cleere booksigning at noon at Mark Twain Bookstore, 111 S. C St., Virginia City. Call 847-0454.
• BOB Sister’s annual Ride for Education, 8 a.m. at Moose’s Bar, Fernley. A motorcycle poker run and show and sine; $20 per person or $30 per couple and includes barbecue dinner. Call (775) 629-6910 or (775) 423-7796.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand