July 29, 2005
• Douglas County Public Library in Minden celebrates Harry Potter’s birthday at 6:30 p.m. Children age 7-older welcome. Registration required; call 782-9841.
• Hula Classes are starting in Carson City. Sign-ups will be at the Boys & Girls Club Gym. Cost is $25 a month. For more info, please call 775-443-9266.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the ’50s and ’60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno through Sunday. For information go online to: http://www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meet at 2 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center. Guest speaker is Judy Saiz. Call 883-6334.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Debbie Senate on Psychics – What it is like and How to Avoid Rent-a-Psychic at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• 4-H Livestock Skillathon, 6:30 p.m. at Cooperative Extension office, 1320 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville. Call Matt Gunderson at 784-6206.
• BLM Open House on Upper Colony Road Fuels Treatment Project, 7-8 p.m. at Smith Valley Volunteer Fire Station, 1 Hardie Lane, Smith. Call 885-6107.
• X Force performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• The Genoa Town Advisory Board will meet at 7 p.m. at the Genoa Town Meeting Room, 2289 Main St. Call 782-8696.
• The BB Drifters perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• African Americans on the Comstock, a free brown bag lunch program with video from noon-1 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Juggling instruction for children ages 8 and up at the Carson City Library Auditorium at 2 p.m. Juggler and performer Tom Tomashek will conduct a workshop and all participants will receive juggling balls of their own. Call 887-2244 ext. 1004.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30-7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746-5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Edmonds Sports Complex to Stewart Indian School. Call 885-2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782-9828.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3-7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246-5296.
• Free scrapbooking class and workshop in the Job’s Peak Room at the Carson City Senior Center from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 4. Call 885-8230.
• “Expresso Yourself: A Teen Poetry Open Mic” from 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Participants may read original or previously published poetry and lyrics at the event, and artists may submit artwork for display. Call 887-2244 extension 1004.
• Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Wooden Boat Week and Concours d’Elegance at Tahoe City through Aug. 11. Featured events include wooden craft exhibit and judging at Sierra Boat Company at Carnelian Bay, lakeside picnics, parades and rallies, fashion show and luncheon. Advance two-day pass ticket $20 adults; children 11-younger free with adult. At-the-gate tickets $5 higher. Visit http://www.tahoeyc.com or call (530) 581-4700.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand