August 4, 2005
• Carson City Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program coupon booklet distribution, 11 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. For seniors 60-older, whose income does not exceed $16,613 for individual; $22,422 for couple. Must furnish ID; call 687-4680, ext. 0.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through Sept. 30. Call 687-6680.
• Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints open house at Dayton Ward Meetinghouse, 304 Driftwood, Dayton, 6-8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. All ages, faiths and backgrounds welcome to dedication service Sunday at 7 p.m. Call 246-1652.
• Damian and Stephen Marley perform at Caesars Tahoe. Tickets $30 day of show; call (800) 648-3353.
• St. Gall’s annual Awesome Rummage Sale 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the church in Gardnerville. Call for information and directions.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship annual Healing Crusade, 7 p.m. each day at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Free, open to the public. Call 721-5584 or 841-6403.
Recommended Stories For You
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe through Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s Wooden Boat Week and Concours d’Elegance at Tahoe City through Aug. 11. Featured events include wooden craft exhibit and judging at Sierra Boat Company at Carnelian Bay, lakeside picnics, parades and rallies, fashion show and luncheon. Advance two-day pass ticket $20 adults; children 11-younger free with adult. At-the-gate tickets $5 higher. Visit http://www.tahoeyc.com or call (530) 581-4700.
• X Force performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• The BB Drifters perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Hot August Nights, cars, music and food from the ’50s and ’60s. An event you must see to believe, in Reno through Sunday. For information go online to: http://www.hotaugustnights.net or call 356-1956.
• Roberts House Yard sale from, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Disneyland exhibit open at museum for $3. Antique appraisals will be offered from 2-4 p.m. Sunday for $5 an item. Museum is at 1207 N. Carson St. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Super Pawn and American Legion High Desert Post 56 Support Your Troops Sidewalk and Store Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 3816 Highway 50 East. Call Don Atkins 887-0708.
• Kids Triathlon at the Carson Aquatic Facility and Mills Park. Open to participants ages 4-14, cost $10 in advance $15 day of event. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Aquatic Center is at 841 N. Roop St. Call the pool at 887-2242 at or Fleet Feet Sports 883-3361.
• ESL In-Home Program of Northern Nevada will have an Award-Appreciation Ceremony/Pot-Luck lunch from 12:30-3 p.m., at the Brewery Art Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 888-2021.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Desert Rose 100 and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Cowboy Crooners Festival features Larry Maurice and John Tyson at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. The men present an evening of poetry, storytelling and history. Tickets $15 general, $12 members, seniors and students. Call 883-1976.
• Greenhouse Garden Center presents a free seminar taught by Certified Nursery Professional Sharon Pranzo, about gardening in the shade, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand