August 11, 2005
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Hawaiian Luau theme features live music, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Disney Celebration at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 7 p.m. with a presentation by Disney historian Michael Broggie, 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Silver City Youth Basketball clinic, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Silver City Park. For ages 5-12. Call 847-0742.
• “Howl at the Moon” presentation, 8:30 p.m. at Galena Creek Park Campfire, 18350 Mount Rose Highway. Call 849-2511.
• Wicker Box performs from 5-9 p.m. at Bar Bar Bar, Village Shopping Center, 760 Mayes Blvd., Incline Village. Call 882-8706.
• “The Town Without Syntax,” an original production by Nick Josten, 7:30 p.m. today and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Free admission; limited seating. Call 883-1976.
Recommended Stories For You
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. today through Sunday at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes pre-play entertainment at 6. Call 847-0111.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882-1626.
• “Homecoming” art exhibit at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 31 Includes artist’s reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday. Call 265-7344 or 883-1976.
• Carson High School Soccer Booster Club second annual Golf Tournament, 8 a.m. shotgun start; 4-person scramble at Eagle Valley East Golf Course. Cost $85 per player includes 18 holes w/cart, gift bag, raffle prizes and chicken barbecue. RSVP to Kathy Cano at 883-8412.
• End of Summer Reading Book Sale, 9-10 a.m. Carson City Library members only, open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 900 N. Roop St., in the auditorium. Call 887-2244.
• Good Neighbor Back to School Fair, 9 a.m. to noon at Mills Park. Offers free school supplies, clothes, immunizations w/shot record, and social services information. Call Rev. Alan Dorway at 882-1032.
• Disney Celebration at the Nevada State Railroad Museum continues with steam train rides all day, 7 p.m. program with original Disneyland publicist Janice Ayres and evening showing of “The Great Locomotive Chase,” 2180 S. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center community dance, 7-10 p.m. at the center, 911 Beverly Drive. Free dance lessons with Thane Cornell at 6; live music by Trilogy. Cost $6 per person; no-host wine bar. Call 883-0703.
• Washoe Valley History Slide Show, 8-10 p.m. at Washoe Lake State Park Equestrian Group Area; $4 per vehicle entry fee to park, program free. Call 687-4319 or 849-2011.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56/Auxiliary Unit 56 annual Picnic in the Park, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at James Lee Park off Mica Drive. Call 887-0708.
• A celebration of the V&T Railroad at the “Down on the Rails Festival,” Virginia City. Includes preparations for the completion of the V&T line to Carson City, train rides, gun fights, music by the Comstock Cowboys and food and beverages. All the action is at the F Street Train Depot starting 11 a.m. and goes until 9 p.m. Most activities are free. Call 847-0311
• Dayton Valley Lions Club garage sale 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Call John, 246-4024 or Bobbie, 246-0461.
• Evening Stargaze in Dayton, 6 p.m. at Dayton State Park. Experts from the Astronomical Society of Nevada will be in the park with telescopes from 6-10 p.m. Program allows viewing of solar flares, first quarter moon, Jupiter and more. Vehicle park entry fee $3; meet in group-use area. Call 687-5678.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit