August 12, 2005
• Capital City Summer Music Series, a free concert on the lawn of the Legislative Plaza, 5 p.m., features Playa Papaya performing. Call 687Ð7410.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577Ð2069.
• Reno Jazz Orchestra presents a concert with saxophonist Nelson Rangell, 7:30 p.m. at Robert Z. Hawkins Amphitheater, Bartley Ranch. Tickets $25 general, $15 students. Food and beverage available; call 327Ð5867, ext. 505.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor. Performances of “Macbeth” and “A Comedy of Errors” and children’s theater through Aug. 21. For information visit online at tahoebard.com or call (800) 74-shows or 832-1616. Tickets $27 and up.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Sunday. Call 687Ð6953.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Shake, Rattle and Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Inaugural RenoÐTahoe Blues Fest, features Robert Cray, Gladys Knight, Bobby Womack, Etta James and The Blind Boys of Alabama. TwoÐday passes available or single day tickets; visit http://www.starticketsplus.com or call (800) 585Ð3737. Event is today and Sunday.
• The Sagebrush Ocean: A Naturalist’s Vision of the Great Basin on exhibit at the Nevada State Museum with photographs by Stephen Trimble in the Changing Exhibit Gallery, 600 N. Carson St. through Aug. 21. Admission $5 adults, $3 seniors, 17Ðyounger, free. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• Shannon Montana “Homecoming” art exhibit at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Includes artist’s reception from 4:30Ð6:30 p.m. Thursday through Aug. 31. Call 265Ð7344 or 883Ð1976.
• “The Taming of the Shrew,” performed at 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Gazebo by Gold Hill Theater Troupe today and Sunday. General seating $24, reserved $33. Includes preÐplay entertainment at 6. Call 847Ð0111.
• Silver City Youth Water Science and Snails with UNR Cooperative Extension’s Darci Beaton, 10 a.m. at Silver City Park. Call 847Ð0742.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MondayÐFriday through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887Ð2244.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. for a luncheon meeting at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Ed Epperson from CarsonÐTahoe Hospital. Luncheon cost $17 per person by Aug. 14. Call 841Ð3553.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Cowboy Poetry and Music with John Tyson at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center. Call 577Ð2505.
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Aug. 21. Call 882Ð1626.
• Atomica performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Aug. 21. Call 782Ð9711.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center Alzheimer’s Support Group informational meeting, 1Ð2 p.m. on long-term care planning and Medicaid, at the senior center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Patricia Winnie, ESQ. Call for respite care; 883Ð0703.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours Mixer,” 5Ð7 p.m. at Molly’s Gourmet Catering and Cooking School, 220 W. John St. Call 882Ð1565.