August 15, 2005
• The Kings Canyon Chapter of the Nevada Fire Safe Council will meet from 7-9 p.m. today at the Carson City office of University of Nevada Cooperative Extension, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12. Contact JoAnne Skelly, University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 887-2252 or e-mail to: email@example.com.
• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. for a luncheon meeting at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Ed Epperson from CarsonÐTahoe Hospital. Luncheon cost $17 per person. Call 841Ð3553.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MondayÐFriday through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887Ð2244.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center. Call 577Ð2505.
Recommended Stories For You
• Terry Gerard Band performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Atomica performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor. Performances of “Macbeth” and “A Comedy of Errors” and children’s theater through Sunday. For information, go to tahoebard.com or call (800) 74-shows or 832-1616. Tickets $27 and up.
• Carson City Senior Citizens Center Alzheimer’s Support Group informational meeting, 1Ð2 p.m. on long-term care planning and Medicaid, at the senior center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is attorney Patricia Winnie. Call for respite care; 883Ð0703.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours Mixer,” 5Ð7 p.m. at Molly’s Gourmet Catering and Cooking School, 220 W. John St. Call 882Ð1565.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Mexican Ditch/Riverview neighborhood. Meet at pet cemetery near Animal Services on Butti Way. Call 885Ð2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• The Bureau of Land Management’s open house on a mechanical and hand fuel treatment on 200 acres along the eastern edge of New Washoe City will be from 7-8 p.m. Wednesday at the Washoe Valley Landowners Association, 3740 Esmeralda Drive, New Washoe City
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Builders Association of Western Nevada will hold a water pollution control seminar from 6Ð8 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Call 882Ð4353.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meet at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call Steve Platt at 544Ð7523.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Douglas County Commission meets at 1:30 p.m. in the Douglas County Administration Building, 175 Highway 50 East in Stateline. Call 782-3012.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit