August 29, 2005
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features “Musical History of American Folk Music” with the Cool River Trio at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Retreads perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
Recommended Stories For You
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. on Linear Park Loop. Park at Fremont Elementary School on Saliman Road. Call 885Ð2166.
• Carson City Symphony rehearsals begin from 7:15-9:30 p.m. at the Carson High School band room, 1111 N. Saliman. Openings for strings, clarinet, percussion and horn. Call 883-4154.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Demonstration to add signal light at Highway 395 and Stephanie Way at 10 a.m. at the Capitol courtyard, 101 N. Carson St. Petitions to be handed over to governor’s office. Contact Alightforbridget@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “A Moment for a Miracle,” benefit for Ida Temple, 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features belly dancing, gift vendors, class and workshop information, raffle and silent auction. Call 882Ð5078.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Paintings on exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• “An Evening with Gershwin,” 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at Sand Harbor amphitheater. Features Sam Weber “fastest feet in tap.” Visit http://www.LakeTahoeShakespeare.com or call (800) 747-4697.
• 17th annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off at John Ascuaga’s Nugget, Victoria Square, Sparks through Monday. Features more than 30 cooks vying for the title; 30 live bands including Collin Raye at 7 p.m. Friday on the Main Stage, Paul Thorn 7 p.m. Saturday Main Stage, .38 Special, 7 p.m. Sunday Main Stage, and Cracker, 3 p.m. Monday Main Stage. All shows free; plus vendors and more. Call 356-3428.
• “Walter Daniels: Mining Series and Portraits” art exhibit at Carson City Art Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Sept. 30. Artist reception from 5-6 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 220-0940.
• Greg Brown performs at 8 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant and Lounge, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold seating. Call 882Ð3353.
• Nevada Civic Light Opera presents Joy Song, “A Praise Concert,” 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Donation $5 at the door. Call 887Ð5601.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand