September 8, 2005
• Brewery Arts Center’s 13th annual Beer Tasting Auction, 5:30 p.m. at 511 W. King St. Features food, wine, live auction, beer from 10 Northern Nevada distributors, bands and more. Free admission; tasting glass $15 (must be 21 years of age); barbecue $5 adults, $3 11-younger. Call 883-1976.
• Hurricane Katrina benefit concert, 7:30 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features SJ Tucker and Ilsey Juber. Tickets $15; all proceeds to Salvation Army. Call 883-2662.
• Artists featured at Westside Ink is Aliette Coeytaux, beginning at noon at Westside Ink – Books, Art, Pie, 710 N. Curry St. Call 885-9777.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. ’60s and ’70s Rock and Roll night theme features live music by Break Even; food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• 24th annual Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno through Sunday. Today’s Mass Ascension is at 6:45 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, 5 a.m. Visit http://www.renoballoon.com or call 826Ð1181.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Senior Games 2005 is open to people age 50 years and over through Sept. 17. Activities will be held in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville and Carson City, hosted by the Douglas County Senior Center. There will be a variety of competitive events including golf, weightlifting, track and field, tennis, bowling, basketball and many other sporting and fun events. Call 783Ð6455.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Carson City musician Jackie Maye and other entertainers will present a concert at 10 a.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Requested donation is $10 to benefit the disaster relief. Call 882-9571.
• Red Rose Musical Productions and Piper’s Opera House daylong event to benefit the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Musical guests include: American Phlats Band, Red Rose, Rhythm Doctors, Jeff Bloyd, Stoan E. Pickens, and many more. Requested donations of $5. Contact Sheree Rose at 847-7150.
• Bird Walk and Ranch Breakfast, 7:30 p.m. at Silver Saddle Ranch. Walk led by Nancy Bish of the Friends of Silver Saddle Ranch/Lahontan Audubon Society at 7:30 a.m.; breakfast at 9 a.m., free to friends of ranch, $3 Audubon members; $5 general public. Annual meeting of Friends of the Silver Saddle Ranch also to be held at breakfast. Call Bish at 884-1470.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746Ð5024.
• Tea at the Roberts House Museum, 10:30 a.m. at 1207 N. Carson St. Features scones, toppings, fruit, tea breads and desserts. For reservations, call 887-8865.
• Carson City Democratic Women’s Club meets at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s, 2801 S. Carson St. Guest speaker Barry Smith, editor of Nevada Appeal. Call 841-6355 or 885-9917.
• Free seminar on planting bulbs now for summer color, 10 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• Annual Veterans Picnic at noon at Riverview Park, east end of Fifth Street. All veterans welcome. Sponsored by Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7, Carson City. Also United Blood Services blood drive; DAV offers a meal to all who donate at this location. Call 324-6454 for an appointment, or 841Ð3655.