• Minden Arts and Crafts Fair, sponsored by Minden businesses Saturday and Sunday. Entertainment and crafts. Call 782Ð2444.
• INT Amateur Wakeboard Challenge, 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at Topaz Lake. Features more than 60 amateur athletes will compete in various age and ability levels. Parking fee $6; registration open day of events. Call 782-8144.
• 24th annual Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno through Sunday. Friday’s Mass Ascension is at 6:45 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, 5 a.m. Visit http://www.renoballoon.com or call 826Ð1181.
• Senior Games 2005 is open to people age 50 years and over through Sept. 17. Activities will be held in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville and Carson City, hosted by the Douglas County Senior Center. There will be a variety of competitive events including golf, weightlifting, track and field, tennis, bowling, basketball and many other sporting and fun events. Call 783Ð6455.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577Ð2069.
• Reno Philharmonic 27th season opening concert, 4 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. For tickets or information, visit http://www.renophilharmonic.com or call 323-6393.
• Prostate Cancer Screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council meeting, 8 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club meets at 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Includes election of officers for 2006. Call 783-6455.
• “Going to Reno: Divorce Story,” a video presentation and discussion with Curator of History Mella Harmon at noon at the Nevada Historical Society, 1650 N. Virginia St. Call 688-1190.
• Carson City Music Club features a two-piano concert with Squeek Steel and Jane Theiss, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $5 at the door. A benefit for the BAC. Call 882-9517.
• Free weight-loss seminar to prepare for the Great American Weight Loss Challenge, 7 p.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, Carson City, featuring Dr. Rhonda Henry. Reservations, call 315-2900.
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meeting from 6-8 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School. Topic is fire safe landscaping, presented by JoAnne Skelly of UNR Cooperative Extension. Call Margie Evans at 720-0162.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ted Short on the V&T Railroad at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Ninth annual Senior Fest 2005, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Park Lane Mall, Reno. Call 348-0717 or 233-3653.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sept. 18. Call 882Ð1626.
• Dog ‘n Butterfly perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sept. 18. Call 782Ð9711.
• Chun Yi: The Legend of Kung Fu show opens at the Eldorado in Reno through Jan. 1. Tickets from $30.95; call 786Ð5700.