September 22, 2005
• Sierra Place Senior Theater Players present their debut performance of “family entertainment,” including humorous skits, monologue and music, 7:15 p.m. at 1111 W. College Parkway. Free admission; limited seating. Call 841-4111.
• “The Foreigner,” a comedy presented Proscenium Players, Inc., 8 p.m. today-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, seniors and students; $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• “Crazy For You” presented by the Western Nevada Musical Theater Company at 7;30 p.m. today and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday in the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.. For tickets call Western Nevada Community College Performing Arts at 445-4249.
• Free seminar on Joint Replacement, 3 p.m. at Sierra Surgery and Imaging, 1400 Medical Parkway, Carson City. Learn what you can do to live pain free; joint pain and treatment. Space limited; call 283-3883.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Harley’s on Mount Davidson Motorcycle Rally in Virginia City through Sunday. Call 847Ð0311.
Recommended Stories For You
• Carson Valley Art Association meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Minden Library. Program is video tape of Reno artists Kim Kimerling on mono-printing. Call 783-9626.
• Manny B performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• “Fall is a Great Time to Plant” free presentation, 9-10 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Presented by JoAnne Skelly, Carson City/Storey County Extension Educator. Call 887-2252.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Free Family Finance Class, 10 a.m. at FISH Education Center, 160 E. Long St., presented by Ron Knecht, teacher of economics at Western Nevada Community College. Continental breakfast provided. Advance registration not necessary. Call 882-8448.
• Punt, Pass and Kick Carson City Competition, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Open to all boys and girls ages 8 to 15; registration forms available at Boys and Girls Club or online at ppk-nflyouthfootball.com. Call Zane Cole at 882-8820, ext. 28.
• Carson City Emblem Club No. 507 annual Rummage Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Chili dinner and early bird shopping Friday 5-8 p.m. Proceeds to local charities. Call 246-1543 or 882-3751.
• Pioneer Family Dance is Contra Dance, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Kids 6-16 free with paid adult; adults $8. Live music by Wild Sage; call 883-9351.
• 85th annual Genoa Candy Dance Arts and Crafts Faire, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, downtown Genoa. Call 782Ð8696.
• Skateboard competition from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at James Lee Park, 3394 James Lee Park, Indian Hills. Cash prize for best trick in the jam format/open division, along with other prizes. Entry fee $10; parent/guardian must sign waver, helmets/pads required to compete. Call 267-2805, ext. 28.
• Hurricane Katrina benefit, multiple family garage sale, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 7395 Bryan Canyon Road, Washoe Valley (off south end of Franktown Road). All proceeds donated to American Red Cross. Items include tools, furniture, housewares, some antiques, miscellaneous items. Call 884-1828.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand