September 22, 2005
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council special meeting, 8 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Open to the public; call 783-6455.
• Free art show featuring Constitutional Erosions in Post 9/11 America, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at McKinley Arts and Culture Center, 925 Riverside Drive, Reno. Reception Oct. 7 from 5-7 p.m. with Erik Holland. Exhibit runs through Nov. 2. Call 786-6757.
• “Get the Facts about Methamphetamine” presentation, 6-7 p.m. at Bordewich-Bray Elementary School, 110 Thompson St. Open to the public; presented by Carson City Partnership. Translator will be in attendance; call 881-1221.
• Free Frances Humphrey Lecture Series: Nevada Barn Heritage – Truckee Meadows Remembered, a free program by Jack Hursh at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call Bob Nylen at 687Ð4810, ext. 239.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Tom Macaulay on Ice Harvesting on the Comstock and Truckee at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Oct. 2. Call 882Ð1626.
• American Made performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Oct. 2. Call 782Ð9711.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority membership breakfast, 7 a.m. at The Plaza Conference Center, 211 E. Ninth St. Call 883-4413.
• Carson City AARP Chapter 723 meets at 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive, in the Nevada Room. Guest speaker is Mayor Marv Teixeira. Refreshments after the meeting; call 267Ð1715.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Carson City Arts Initiative exhibition “What Up?” opens at the Carson City Courthouse Gallery. Free admission, 885 E. Musser St. Call 287-2252.
• “Get the Facts about Methamphetamine” presentation, 6-7 p.m. at Carson High School, 1111 N. Saliman Road. Open to the public; presented by Carson City Partnership. Translator will be in attendance; call 881-1221.
• Carson City Girl Scouts city-wide registration, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Call 841-9070.
• CMT on Tour with Brad Paisley, Sara Evans and Sugarland, 7:30 p.m. at the Reno Events Center. Call 787-TIXS.
• Art and the Animal Exhibition and Sale opens in the Changing Gallery (public reception on Oct.. 14); organized by the Society of Animal Artists, Inc., at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. The exhibit brings together 100 worldÐrenowned painters & sculptors, including Robert Bateman, John Banovich, Carel P. Brest van Kempen, Janet Heaton, David Rankin & John SeereyÐLester. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• “The Foreigner,” a comedy presented Proscenium Players, Inc., 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, seniors and students; $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• Behind the Scenes tours at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in anthropology featuring Great Basin Basketry, Archaeology of the Carson City Mint and original coin dies, and natural history at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1Ð3:30 p.m. with volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple. Call Bob Nylen at 687-4810, ext. 239.
• “Crazy For You” presented by the Western Nevada Musical Theater Company at 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call Western Nevada Community College Performing Arts at 445-4249.
• Gardnerville Old Town Days through Sunday at Heritage Park. Includes Civil War Living History camps, antique and craft market place, food, antique auction, Teddy Bear drop, nondenominational church service, ladies high noon tea on Sunday and more. Call 782-7134.
• Live DJ at 9:30 p.m. at Decades Bar, 1475 Hot Springs Road. Call 883-8889.
• Mammovan in Mound House, 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Second Hand Rose, 10128 Highway 50 East. For information or to schedule an appointment, call (877) 581-6266.
• Ronnie Milsap performs at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Call 356Ð3300.