– Proscenium Players Inc. presents “Just Kidding, A Nite of Improv,” 8 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets, information: 883-1976.
– WC Karaoke Show at the Windsock Lounge, 2600 Graves Lane (Carson City Airport), 8 p.m. to midnight, hosted by Carla and Wayne Wilson. Call 888-9944.
– Uncle Biggie Boogie Band performs at the Blues Brothers, Eldorado Hotel/Casino, 10 p.m. each night. Call 786-5700.
– Chris Isaak performs at Caesars Tahoe 9:30 p.m. each night. Tickets: $35, $45. Call (800) 648-3353.
– Great Reno Craft Festival,10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday;10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, at the Reno Convention Center North Hall.
– Carson City Preservation Coalition fund-raiser at 7:30 p.m. at the Children’s Museum, featuring film “Chicken Every Sunday” and a film quiz. Tickets $10 per person. Tickets call Gary DeFelice, 882-0916.
– Carson City Kiwanis annual Luau, 6-11 p.m. at the Ormsby House Ballroom, features a Hawaiian dinner buffet, dancing, raffle prizes and a silent auction. Tickets $30 per person/table of eight for $220. Tickets, information, call 882-4459, 883-7341.
– Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company holds auditions for Oliver!, 2 p.m. in Aspen 207 on WNCC main campus. Call 887-3115.
– Western Nevada Cattle Women’s annual dinner dance and auction fund-raiser, 6 p.m. at CVIC Hall in Minden. Cost $12.50 per person, live music by Knight Hawk. Call 265-2499, 782-3006.
– Gardnerville Fire Department first-ever Pancake Breakfast fund-raiser, 7 a.m. to noon at 1255 Douglas Ave., across from the Shell Station. Features raffles every 30 minutes and door prizes to every 25th person. Call 782-2003.
– TV Chef Martin Yan of “Yan Can Cook” appears in the Fresh Market Square Buffet at Harrah’s Reno, noon -3 p.m. Call 786-3232.
– “And Then They Came For Me: Remembering the World of Anne Frank,” performances at 2 and 7 p.m. at McKinley Park Arts and Culture Center, 925 Riverside Dr., Reno. Call 873-0191.
– Sierra Club Incandescent Rocks hike, a moderate 8-mile hike, southwest of Pyramid Lake. Call 747-1759, 784-6652.
– Stacey Earle performs at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., tickets $12 general; call 883-1976.
– Cornell Gunther’s Coasters in concert for two shows, 3 and 7 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn Shannon Ballroom; tickets $10 at the Gift Shop. Call 782-9711, ext. 679.
– On the Lake benefit for Tahoe’s Animal Ark, a 5:30 p.m. cruise on the Hornblower, $20 per person, plus live and silent auctions, complimentary wine and food, no-host bar plus dancing; advanced sales only. Call (530) 541-3364.
– Discovery Snowshoe Festival, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Northstar at Tahoe, Truckee, Calif., to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Events include a 3-5K walk/hike; a scenic 2-hour guided tour and the 5K competitive race. Registration fee $20 adults, $13 seniors/children, in advance. Call (800) 233-6520, ext. 17, or on-line at http://www.walkingmag.com.