– The Carson City Historic Architecture Review Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall’s Capitol Conference Room, 201 N. Carson St.
– Carson City School Board meets 7 p.m. in the district board room, 1402 West King St.
– “The Effects of Crystals,” taught to the Rock Kickers class at The Children’s Museum by Ernie Kastenbeim, a member of the Reno Gem and Mineral Society, 3 p.m., part of the Whiz Kids after school program. Cost is $4, scholarships available. Call 884-2226.
– AARP 55/Alive driving class at the Carson City School District Conference room 1402, W. King St., 1-4:30 p.m. Through Wednesday. Cost: $10 per person. Call 883-1177.
– Reggae’s preeminent harmony group Culture performs at Humpty’s Cafe in Tahoe City, 9:30 p.m. with TempleYard opening act; 21 and older only. Through Wednesday. Call (530) 583-4867.
– Comedians Pat Godwin and Rudy Moreno on stage at Catch A Rising Star at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino. Through Saturday. Call 325-7454.
– Buddy Balue performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge. Through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
– Comedians Michael Pace and Bob Kubota on stage at The Improv, Reno Hilton. Through Sunday. Call 789-2078.
– Map and Compass Skills on Snowpack, 7-9 p.m. at Bartley Ranch Regional Park, free and open to the public. Call 849-2511.
– Sierra Club Wednesday in the Mountains, showshoe or cross-country ski in the Hope Valley area, moderate outing. Call 267-5366.
– Dennis Klenzcar performs at the Carson Nugget Cork and Bottle Lounge. Through Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– The Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Community Center’s Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.