Calendar of events
September 6, 2002
— “Fridays at Third Street” features The Rush Hour Band at 6:30 p.m. at Third and Carson streets; classic rock and roll with classic country music. Food and refreshments available. Call 884-4411.
— Madison Avenue performs a free concert at 5 p.m. at the Plaza at Harrah’s Reno. Call 786-3232.
— Jewel performs at 9 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Tickets $60, $45. Call (800) 648-3353. Through Saturday.
— Chicago performs at 9 p.m. each night at the Silver Legacy Grande Exposition Hall, Reno. Call 329-4777. Through Saturday.
— Virginia City International Camel Races, at the arena in Virginia City. Times, 2 p.m. Friday with barbecue, media grudge match (2 p.m.) and costume ball; Saturday at noon with Grande Parade on C Street, Sunday at 3:30 p.m. with awards presentation. Call 629-0800. Through Sunday.
— Funtime Theater presents “Cheaters” at 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at Piper’s Opera House, 12 N. B St., Virginia City. Tickets $15 general, $12 senior and students, box seat special includes seating for 4, bottle of Piper’s private label champagne and dessert tray for $150. Through Sunday.
Recommended Stories For You
— 21st Great Reno Balloon Race, Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno. Call 826-118 or visit http://www.renoballoon.com. Through Sunday.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand