Calendar of events
October 6, 2002
— The Carson City Fire Department will kick off Fire Prevention Week with an open house from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Station No. 1, 777 S. Stewart St. Activities include a child safety-seat check, bike rodeo, aerial ladder demonstrations, station tours and visits with Sparky the dog. Call 887-2210.
— World Championship Outhouse Races in Virginia City, starting at noon. Call 847-0311.
— Roberts House Museum Unique Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 887-8865.
— 13th annual Kokanee Salmon Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day at U.S. Forest Service Center, three miles north of South Lake Tahoe on California Highway 89. Barbecue available, $10 per person, for salmon steak, corn on the cob, coleslaw, roll and beverage. Call (530) 573-2674.
— An Evening with Graham Nash, 8 p.m. at Harrah’s South Shore Room. Tickets $45. Call (800) 427-7247.
Recommended Stories For You
— World Chili Cook-off at Harrah’s Plaza, Reno, plus live concerts by Louie Fontaine and the Rockets. Call 786-3232.
— Open House for Tim Smith, commissioner candidate for Douglas County, District 4; wine and cheese reception from 3 to 5 p.m. at The Wild Rose Inn, 2332 Main St., Genoa. Call 782-8079, 782-5697.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’