Calendar of events
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers luncheon meeting at 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. A program will be presented by Sa*Hair*A. Call Lois at 882-2512.
• “Day’s Rays,” a photography exhibit by Day Williams at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. through July 30. Call 883-1976.
• Band on the Run performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• SAFE Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at Douglas County Public Library. Call Paul at 782-6583.
• Chazz performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Artown event features dance, music, exhibits, demonstrations, Chautauquans, Shakespeare and more throughout Reno. Some events free, some by donation and others by fee. Visit renoisartown.com or call 322-1538.
• An Evening with Albino, all-star heavy afrobeat, 9 p.m. at River Ranch in Tahoe City. Tickets $10 in advance; 21-older only. Call (530) 583-4264.
• Comedians Kivi Rogers, Jimmy Dore and emcee Howie Nave on stage at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe, 8 p.m. through Sunday. Tickets $25; call (800) 427-8397.