Calendar of events
• “Day’s Rays,” a photography exhibit by Day Williams at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• Artown in Reno events feature dance, music, exhibits, demonstrations, chautauquans, Shakespeare and more. Some events free, some by donation, others by fee. Visit renoisartown.com or call 322-1538.
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission public meeting, 5:30 p.m. at UNR Cooperative Extension Conference Room, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12.
• Walk with Muscle Powered, 6:30 p.m. along Westside Trail to the observatory. Meet at corner of Bristol Place and Longview Way. Flat walk. Call 885-2166 or 883-7150.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m., Community Center’s Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Free “Photographic Journey Across Nevada” with native Jack Hursh at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival at Sand Harbor, alternating shows of “As You Like It” and “Much Ado About Nothing,” nightly through Aug. 22, except Mondays. Ticket prices vary; call (800) 74-SHOWS.
• The Act performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Beach Toys perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Comedians Max Alexander, Darryl Collier and emcee Howie Nave on stage at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe, 8 p.m. through Sunday. Tickets $25; call (800) 427-8397.