Calendar of events
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission public meeting, 5:30 p.m. at UNR Cooperative Extension Conference Room, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 12.
• Walk with Muscle Powered, 6:30 p.m. along Westside Trail to the observatory. Meet at corner of Bristol Place and Longview Drive for a flat walk. Call 885-2166 or 883-7150.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m., Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• “Photographic Journey Across Nevada” with native Jack Hursh at 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum; free. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• The Act performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Beach Toys perform through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Comedians Max Alexander, Darryl Collier and emcee Howie Nave on stage through Sunday at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe, 8 p.m. Tickets $25; call (800) 427-8397.