Calendar of Events
August 20, 2004
• Northern Nevada Australian Shepherd and Quick Silver dog shows, 8 a.m. at Fuji Park. Call Carrie Dempsey at 883-7651.
• B.O.M.A. Wrestling Competition, 9 a.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion. Call Scott Hildebrand at 781-0203.
• Benefit car wash for Daniel Morrison, a 5-year-old with cancer, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Albertsons, 3620 N. Carson St. Donation of $15 includes hand wash, vacuum, tire dressing, dash board dressing, windows and interior scent. Call 722-7514.
• Pancake Breakfast benefit and Ladies Guild Bake Sale after each Mass at St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Community, 3000 N. Lompa Lane. Hosted by Knights of Columbus and the Ladies’ Guild, a fund-raiser for the church. Cost $5 adults, $3 children 12-younger. Call 882-1968.
• Historic Genoa Walk, 1-2 p.m., meet at Mormon Station State Park; bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes. Call 782-2590.
Recommended Stories For You
• Blues Brunch Picnic and Blues Jam, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Sparks Marina Park, Sparks. Free; bring your own picnic. Call 786-2217 or 828-2177.
• Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grill, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover. Call 883-8889.
• Louie Fontaine and the Rockets perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• City Zu performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Comedians Doug Stanhope, James Connolly and emcee Howie Nave on stage at The Improv at Harveys Lake Tahoe, 8 p.m. Tickets $25; call (800) 427-8397.