Calendar of events
• “Bring Your Favorite Cow to Dairy Queen” (the real bovine type), 2-4 p.m. to receive a free MooLatt, in celebration of state fair season. 3198 Highway 50 E. Call 883-1002.
• Carson City School District Board meeting, 7 p.m., Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Salsa dancing at 7 p.m. at Comma Coffee, including lessons from 7-8:30 p.m. and dancing from 8:30-10 p.m. Cost $5; all ages welcome. Call 883-2662.
• “Legacy of Dat-So-La-Lee,” a free illustrated program at the Nevada State Museum, 7:30 p.m. by museum registrar Sue Ann Monteleone. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Tuesday night Lecture Series at the Gold Hill Hotel features Carolyn Loftis on “Victorian/Genteel Ð The Proper Way for a Lady to Undress,” 7:30 p.m. Optional dinner at 5 p.m. Call 847-0111.
• Sidewinder performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.