Calendar of events
August 24, 2004
• Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 3:30 p.m., Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Last Summer Farmers Market of the season at the Pony Express Pavilion, Mills Park, 3:30-7:30 p.m. Features fresh produce, crafts, food and more. Call 746-5024.
• Capital City Humane Society dinner fund-raiser, 5:30 p.m. at B’Sghetti’s, 318 S. Carson St. Features soup or salad, spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, dessert and glass of red wine, plus door prizes. Proceeds benefit Capital City Humane Society. Tickets $15. Call 841-2638 after 1 p.m.
• “Reflections of Carson City – A Double Feature,” 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features Guy Rocha on “New History of Roberts House in Old Washoe City,” and Susan and Jergen Matthes presenting “Travels to Antarctica.” Free. Presented by the Carson City Historical Society.
• Sierra Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Features fresh baked goods, flowers and plants, yard art and fresh produce. Call 690-5908.
• Carson Valley Community Theatre meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Douglas County Public Library in Minden. Call 265-3344.
Recommended Stories For You
• Jack Johnson performs at 6 p.m. at Harveys Lake Tahoe Outdoor Concert Series. Tickets $35. Call (800) 427-8397.
• 130th Nevada State Fair through Sunday at the Reno Livestock Event Center, 1350 N. Wells Ave., Reno. 5 p.m. to midnight today and Thursday; noon to midnight Friday and Saturday, noon-11 p.m. Sunday. Features livestock competitions, championship barrel racing, baking competitions, carnival, midway, “Fake Fest” concert at 5 p.m. Friday, world’s longest burrito and more. Call 688-5767.
• “The Highly Unusual Artwork of Fox Carlton Hughes” on display at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• “Connections” oil paintings by Susanne Forestieri on display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 687-6680.
• Sidewinder performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.