Calendar of Events
September 15, 2004
• Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association Human Resources Forum, 8 a.m. to noon at the Nevada State Library and Archives, 100 N. Stewart St., conference room A. Presentations by Patrick Hicks of Littler Mendelson, Chris Cox of Amplitude Training, and Cheryl Woehr from Intercultural Business Education and Training, Northern Nevada International Center. $15 for members, $20 nonmembers. Call 782-9049.
• Meeting of volunteers for “Christmas in the Capital” group, 5:15 p.m. at 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 6. Call Lynn Winters at 882-0446 or Carson Machado at 841-4126.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Carson Valley AARP Chapter 3683’s annual picnic, 11 a.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Burgers, hot dogs and beverage provided; bring a salad or dessert to share. Members free; guests $3. Call 265-3309.
• Sierra Intermountain Emergency Radio Association meets at 7 p.m. at United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville. Call 749-5545.
• Million Dollar Shoot-out, a golf fund-raiser for the Children’s’ Museum of Northern Nevada, 2-7 p.m. at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Top-20 qualifiers get chance to win $1 million Sunday. Call Ken Beaton at 884-2226 or Jim Smolenski at 882-2644.
Recommended Stories For You
• Nevada State Museum volunteer tour guide training, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum, 600 N. Carson St. Free training, lunch provided. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Escalade performs at Casino Fandango. Call 885-7000.