Calendar of Events
September 17, 2004
• Seventh annual St. Teresa of Avila Basque Festival at Fuji Park. Features traditional Basque dancers, food, music, sheepherding and more. Gates open at 11 a.m., Field Mass at noon, lunch from 1-3 p.m., events and games from 1-4 p.m. Adults $25 per person, children 16-younger free, at St. Teresa’s Church and school, Adele’s Restaurant, Java Joe’s, The Cracker Box, Villa Basque Deli, JT Basque Bar and Restaurant, The Overland Hotel and Carson Valley Country Club, and at the door. Call 882-1968.
• Second annual Alzheimer’s Memory Walk at the Capitol. Registration is at 8:30 a.m.; walk begins after registration complete (about 9 a.m.) Walk is 1-mile along the Historic Blue Line Trail; free lunch and refreshments to participants, plus raffle. Call 883-0703 or 786-8061.
• Dayton Valley Days in downtown Dayton. Features wagon and train rides starting at 10 a.m., crafters, antique dealers food and more. Call 246-7909.
• Carson Valley Open Studios Art Tour throughout Carson Valley. Call 782-1124.
• Artwork by Fox Carlton Hughes on display The Pink House in Genoa, 2291 Main St., Genoa. Call 783-1004.
• Historic Genoa Walk, 1-2 p.m., meet at Mormon Station Park; bring water and wear comfortable walking shoes. Call 782-2590.
Recommended Stories For You
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club bingo Sunday, 1 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Doors open at noon; refreshments available. Must be 21-older to play. Call 267-4897 or 783-6455.
• Art display by Fox Carlton Hughes at Lone Tree Gallery, 1598 Esmeralda, Minden. Call 782-2522.
• Senior Pro Rodeo at the Out of Town Park arena in Fernley. Features vendors, rodeo events and more. Call (775) 575-4592.
• 10th annual Western Art Show at Mary and Moe’s Wigwam, 225 W. Main St., Fernley. Features work by William A. Moore and Steve Allely. Call (775) 575-2573.
• Friends of Tony and Bev Link Poker Run, Raffle and Auction benefit. Starts at Fairl’s Country Saloon at 3481 Highway 50 East for sign-in from 9-11 a.m., raffle and auction about 5 p.m. at Fairl’s. Fee is $10; donations accepted. Call 972-4503.