Calendar of events
• Carson City Planning Commission meets at 3:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority breakfast meeting, 7 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Brian Palmer of General Electric. Cost $15 members, $20 guests and walk-ins. Call 883-4413.
• Kit Carson Post 3726 Veterans of Foreign Wars celebrate 105 years of tradition with an open house, 2-7 p.m. at Veteran’s Memorial Hall, corner of Second and Curry streets. Call 883-8695.
• Sierra Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Features fresh baked goods, flowers and plants, yard art and fresh produce. Call 690-5908.
• The Royal Circus of Moscow on Ice performs at 8 p.m. at the Reno Hilton. Tickets $27.50, call 789-2285.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• “The Producers,” performed at Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets, information: 686-6600.