Calendar of events
• Northern Nevada Development Authority Business and Tech Expo, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way. Keynote speaker Sherman McCorkle of Technology Ventures; special breakout sessions. Call 883-4413.
• Bureau of Land Management Carson City Field Office’s presentation in recognition of Women’s Equality Day with Secretary of State Dean Heller, 10 a.m., BLM office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 885-6112.
• 13th annual Taste for Travel fund-raiser, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Reno Hilton Pavilion. Tickets $40 per person, table of 10 for $350. Call 829-2273.
• Think Pink Cancer Awareness kickoff parties, 5-8 p.m. today at Red’s Old 395 Grill; 5-7:30 p.m. Friday at the Carson Valley Inn. Those who wear Think Pink T-shirt receive complimentary appetizers. Call 885-4281.
• John Dawson Band performs at Casino Fandango. Call 885-7000.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Sesame Street Live “Everyone Makes Music,” various show times at Lawlor Events Center at University of Nevada, Reno. Tickets $15, $12, $18 (limited); call 784-4444.
• The Royal Circus of Moscow on Ice, 8 p.m., Reno Hilton. Tickets $27.50, call 789-2285.
• “The Producers,” performed at Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets, information: 686-6600.