Calendar of events
October 12, 2004
• California Retired Public Employees Association of Nevada meets at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St. Guest speaker is Alan Glover, Carson City clerk/recorder. Elections will be held with installation by Ted Thatcher, Area VII director. Call 674-6449.
• “Discover the Challenges of Railroading in South America,” a free presentation by David Bell at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. Call Bob Harmon at 687-8323.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Fire Department on Stephanie Way. New painters and beginners welcome; call 883-7917.
• Candidates forum, 5-7 p.m. at CVIC Hall, Minden. Sponsored by Douglas County Professional Education Association.
• Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce hosts Carson City Mayor Ray Masayko at 7:30 p.m. at the Dayton Casino Steakhouse. He will speak on the V&T Railroad.
• USS David W. Taylor DD551 61st reunion in Carson City through Friday. Friday night banquet at the Carson City Elks Lodge 2177. Guest speaker is Mayor Ray Masayko.
Recommended Stories For You
• Michael Mandella performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Retroactive performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.