Calendar of events
• “Successfully Communicating with Persons with Dementia,” workshop, 10-11:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Sponsored by Nevada Caregiver Support Center. Call 784-4335.
• Carson City Planning Department Citywide Master Plan public meeting, 5:30 p.m., Community Center, 851 E. William St., in the Sierra Room. Call 887-2180.
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meets at 6 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School’s multipurpose room. John Flansberg of CAMPO is speaker. Call 720-0162.
• Seventh annual candlelight vigil for the Family Support Council and Purple Ribbon Coalition honoring victims of domestic violence, 6 p.m. at Lampe Park, Gardnerville. Call 782-8692.
• Carson Valley Community Theatre meeting, 7 p.m. at the Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville. Call 265-3344.
• National Association of Retired Federal Employees meet at 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant; business meeting at 12:15 p.m. Guest speaker is Mayor Ray Masayko on the upcoming election. Call Tom Prettyman at 884-3538 or Bob Williams at 246-0926.
• Capital Women’s Connection “Happy Days After School (or Work) Break,” 3:50-5:20 p.m. at Sierra Glen Restaurant and Tahoe Creamery, 1480 N. Carson St. Guest speaker is Shirley Dare, a licensed pilot from Stockton, Calif. Free nursery care by reservation only. Cost $9.95 per person for break meeting, choice of four items. Call Doris at 883-5045.
• Telecommunication Pioneers meet at 5:30 p.m. at B’Sghetti’s. Guest speaker is Cathy Dinauer. Call 841-2208 or 882-5205.
• Silver Sierra Adventurers meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget for a special presentation. Call Harriet Post at 882-2671.
• “October Jazz” at Comma Coffee, 8-10 p.m. featuring the Mile High Jazz Band, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5, $4 for members of Mile High Jazz Band Association, 18-younger free. Dance instruction from 6-7:30 p.m., cost $5. Call 883-2662.
• Douglas County Public Library Teen Advisory Board meeting, 4:30 p.m. in the Minden Library meeting room. Board open to ages 12-18. Call Maria at 782-9841.
• David Copperfield, An Intimate Evening of Grand Illusion, 8 p.m. Tuesday and 5:30- and 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets $40-$70. Call 686-6600.
• Band on the Run performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Melissa Dru performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.