Calendar of events
November 1, 2004
• Carson Valley Community Theatre auditions, 6-6:30 p.m. at Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville. Call 265-3344.
• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meets at 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Keith MacDonald, executive director of State Board of Pharmacy. Call 883-6334.
• Carson City Rotary Club’s Election Night Party, 6-10 p.m. at Carson Nugget Ballroom. Cost $15, includes hor d’oeuvres and entertainment. Raffle held to benefit scholarships for local students. Call Genevieve Frederick at 230-6229.
• Carson City Republican Party’s “Victory Party,” 6:30-10 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, 801 S. Carson St. Includes cash bar, large screen TV and snacks. Call 841-1800.
• Music and stories from the Himalayas with Tibetans Lobsang Samten and Tenzing Tsewang, 7 p.m. at the Bliss Mansion, 608 Elizabeth St. Call 887-8988.
• Madison Avenue performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Louie Fontaine performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.