Calendar of events
November 7, 2004
• Proscenium Players holds auditions for “Lone Star and Laundry and Bourbon,” 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Script available for $5; call 884-0580.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club meeting, 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Open to the public. Call 783-6455.
• Bring in flags which are worn, torn and require retirement to the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St., between 9-11 a.m. for Carson City Elks Lodge 2177’s and Carson City Emblem Club 507’s flag-retirement ceremony Tuesday 7 p.m. at the lodge. Call 882-2177.
• Lecture “Firescaping – Landscaping for a Wildlife Environment and Water Efficiency,” 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Free. Call 887-2252.
• Carson City Elks Lodge 2177 and Carson City Emblem Club 507 hold a flag-retirement ceremony, 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Call 882-2177.
Recommended Stories For You
• November Jazz and Poetry, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., presented by The Mile High Jazz Band. Admission $5 general, $4 members of The Mile High Jazz Band Association, free 18-younger. Swing- dance instruction from 6-7:30 p.m. Call 883-4154.
• Stevie and The Stingrays perform through Sunday, Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Shabang performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Trending In: Opinion
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe