Calendar of events
November 8, 2004
• “Firescaping – Landscaping for a Wildlife Environment and Water Efficiency,” 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Free. Call 887-2252.
• Carson City Elks Lodge 2177 and Carson City Emblem Club 507 hold a flag-retirement ceremony, 7 p.m. at the lodge, 515 N. Nevada St. Public welcome to attend, and bring flags which are worn, torn and require retirement to the lodge. Call 882-2177.
• November Jazz and Poetry, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., presented by The Mile High Jazz Band. Admission $5 general, $4 members of The Mile High Jazz Band Association, free 18-younger. Swing- dance instruction from 6-7:30 p.m. Call 883-4154.
• Stevie and The Stingrays performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Shabang performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.