Calendar of Events
November 9, 2004
• Carson City Shade Tree Council’s annual “Fall Tree-Care Seminar,” 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Register at 8 a.m.; cost $60. Call Jean Bondiett at 883-7907 or Lee-Ann Keever at 883-3490.
• Carson Middle School’s sixth annual Flag Retirement Ceremony, 9-10 a.m., 1140 W. King St., in the cafeteria. Open to the public; flags welcome for retirement. Call Ananda or Wade at 283-2800.
• Carson High School Naval Junior ROTC recognition ceremony, 11 a.m., 1111 N. Saliman Road. Includes presentation of colors and singing of national anthem by the high school choir. Refreshments after the ceremony. Call 283-1780.
• Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Comstock Mobile Village Clubhouse. Guest speaker is Ron Guzman from American Legion Post 4, who will talk about the American flag and how to properly display it. Reservations required; guests welcome. Call Lois Flanders, 882-3512 by Nov. 9.
• Capital Branch of the American Association of University Women meet at 5:30 p.m. at B’Sghetti’s Restaurant, 318 N. Carson St. Call Lillian Hack at 841-6467.
• “The V&T, Then and Now” photographic presentation at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. Free. Call 687-6953.
Recommended Stories For You
• Fifth annual USO Veterans Day Celebration, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Features George Whitell High School Band and Choir, Diana Buffalo and Bill Paradise; presentations by VFW Post 8583 and Commissioner Bernie Curtis; pictures and memorabilia from local veterans; and displays from World War II and the Korean War. Call 783-6455.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Volunteer Fire Department, Stephanie Way, Minden. New painters and beginners welcome; call 883-7917.
• Moscow Ballet’s “Great Russian Nutcracker,” 7:30 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $35, $45 and $60. Call 789-2285.
• Stevie and The Stingrays perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.