Calendar of Events
November 10, 2004
• Nevada State Parks will honor all veterans of the United States Armed Forces by allowing free entrance to all Nevada State Parks. All current and former members of the Armed Forces and their immediate families will be allowed to visit any State Park free of charge by presenting a valid military identification (active or retired) when entering the parks on Veteran’s Day. Call 687-4379.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 388 hosts a Veterans Day Ceremony at Mills Park, 2 p.m., with dedication of memorial bench, honoring women veterans of the Vietnam War and all women veterans. All Nevada women veterans requested to attend. Call 687-4632.
• Civil War Statue rededication ceremony, 2:30 p.m. at Lone Mountain Cemetery, corner of North Roop Street and Beverly Drive. Call 887-2111.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56 and Auxiliary Unit 56 meet at 7 p.m. at Veterans Hall, corner of Second and Curry streets. All veterans and eligible women welcome to attend. Call 841-1369.
• Veterans Day Ceremony, 9 a.m. at Dayton Cemetery, hosted by Dayton Chapter 8660 of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
• Virginia City annual Veterans Day Parade, 11 a.m. on C Street. Spaghetti feed after parade. Call 847-0311.
Recommended Stories For You
• “Being Here Now!” a musical comedy experience at 7 p.m. at Unity Church of Today, 1662 Highway 395, Suite 103, Minden. Suggested offering $15 per person; seating limited to 25. Call 782-4429.
• The Letterman perform at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Tickets $25 per person; call 356-3300.
• Stevie and The Stingrays perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.