Calendar of Events
November 16, 2004
• Seventh annual Turkey Drop, hosted by Mike’s Pharmacy, 1007 N. Curry St., 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Turkeys should be frozen, of any size. Includes live radio broadcast on KOH 780. Call 841-1400.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group meets, 1-2 p.m. includes 30-minute video on “How to Communicate with Someone who has Alzheimer’s Disease.” Call 786-8061.
• Carson City AARP Chapter 723 meets at 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Ed Epperson, CEO of Carson-Tahoe Hospital. Refreshments served. Call 267-1715.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours” mixer, 5-7 p.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-1565.
• The D.B. Cooper Case, presented by Dennis Myers at 7 p.m. at the Carson City Library. Call 887-2244.
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Hotel California – A Tribute to the Eagles perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Wild Horse Preservation League community meeting, 7:30 p.m. at Lyon County Public Works Building, 34 Lakes Blvd., Dayton. Call 241-0640 or 241-7138.
• Barton Memorial Hospital Auxiliary cheese ball fund-raiser, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carson Valley Medical Center, Gardnerville. Cost of cheese ball is $6.50 each. Call 782-8062.
• “Footloose” on stage at UNR’s Redfield Proscenium Theatre, 7:30 p.m. through Sunday, plus 1:30 p.m. matinee on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets $20 general, $18 seniors, children and students; $17 Wednesday and Thursday, $16 opening weekend special. Call 784-6847.
Trending In: Opinion
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion