Calendar of Events
November 17, 2004
• Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association chapter meeting, 7:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St., second floor meeting room. Fee $5 members, $10 non-members. Continental breakfast available. Call 782-9049.
• Basic Academy Class 10 of the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training Honor Run to the Law Enforcement Memorial at the Capitol Complex, Carson City. Starts at 10 a.m. at the POST Academy at Stewart Facility, runs a 3.5 mile route to the Capitol Complex, with a brief ceremony at the memorial. Call 687-8246 or 687-8245.
• Roadrunners RV Club off-season meeting, 1 p.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant, 2811 S. Carson St. Call Harold Hanson at 265-3828 or JoAnn Valladon, 883-0172.
• “Meet the Artist” reception, 5-7 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way. Features work by Vilma Weneck. Includes wine tasting from Tahoe Ridge Winery and refreshments. Call 883-4378.
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Hotel California – A Tribute to the Eagles perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St., Dayton. Call 246-7550.
• Sierra Nevada Women’s Active 20-30 Club recruitment night dinner, 6 p.m. at 649 Bluerock, Gardnerville Ranchos. Free to all new recruits; women age 21-39, single or married. Call 690-4121.
• Sierra Intermountain Emergency Radio Association meets at 7 p.m. at Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane, Gardnerville. David Wiltse, disaster response coordinator for the Northern Nevada Red Cross Chapter is guest speaker. Open to the public; call Dick Young at 749-5545.
• American Brass Quintet performs at 7:30 p.m. at University of Nevada, Reno, Nightingale Concert Hall. Tickets $20 general, $17 seniors, $10 students w/ID and GSA families $5. Call 784-6847.
• “Footloose” on stage at UNR’s Redfield Proscenium Theatre, 7:30 p.m. each day, plus 1:30 matinee on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets $20 general, $18 seniors, children and students; $17 Wednesday and Thursday, $16 opening weekend special. Call 784-6847.