Calendar of events
November 22, 2004
• Salsa dance lessons from 7-9 p.m. at Comma Coffee, $5 per person. Call 883-2662.
• Free lecture and slide presentation with Fred Holabird on “George Hearst and the Comstock,” 7:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
• Douglas County Board of County Commissioners meet at 10 a.m. in the courtroom of the County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden.
• Second annual Gift of Lights drive-through Holiday Light Festival, nightly in Idlewild Park, Reno. Sunday-Thursday 5-9 p.m.; Friday, Saturday and holidays, 5-10 p.m. through Jan. 2. Cost $10 per vehicle. Discounts with food donation; call 451-0344.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.