Calendar of events
December 1, 2004
• The Carson City Board of Supervisors will meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• The Douglas County Commission will meet at 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden. Call 782-9012.
• Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs Festival of Trees at the Nevada State Library and Archives, Joseph Anderson Exhibit Gallery, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday.
• Silver and Snowflake Festival of Lights at dusk. Includes lighting of the Capitol tree and city tree in downtown Carson City, plus Santa and caroling. Call 887-1294.
• The Douglas County Democratic Party will hold its monthly dinner meeting at 7 p.m. at the Overland Restaurant, 691 Main St. in Gardnerville.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
Recommended Stories For You
• City Zu performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Second annual Gift of Lights drive-through Holiday Light Festival, nightly in Idlewild Park, Reno from 5-9 p.m. Cost $10 per vehicle; buses $1 per person with $10 minimum. Discounts with food donation; call 451-0344.
Trending In: Opinion
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe