Calendar of events
December 7, 2004
• “Tireless and Unremitting: The Chinese and Nevada’s Railroads,” a brown bag lunch and video discussion at noon at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority Charity Christmas Mixer, 5-7:30 p.m., Plaza Hotel Conference Center, 801 S. Carson St. Call 883-4413.
• Nevada State Railroad Museum’s free Open House and Writers Round-up, 5:30-7:30 p.m., 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-6953.
• “John Berry – The Christmas Concert,” 6 and 8:30 p.m. at The Upstage Theatre, 900 Mallory Way. Tickets $25 general, $20 seniors and children, in advance at Cornerstone Music, JJ’s Ear Candy, the Cracker Box and Fresh Ideas in Gardnerville. Call (800) 216-0891.
• Free lecture on “Joint Mobility and Arthritis,” 6:30-8:30 p.m. at 969 Springfield Drive, Gardnerville, by Wesley Kikuchi. Call 265-0427.
• Artists’ reception 4:30-6:30 p.m. for the Western Nevada Community College touring art exhibit “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition.” The show will be in the College Gallery Monday through Friday through Jan. 21. Call 445-3238.
Recommended Stories For You
• Carson Valley Community Food Closet Holiday Food Drive, sponsored by Douglas Disposal. Residential customers are asked to place nonperishable food items next to their trash can on regular refuse collection day or drop off at 1504 Highway 395, No. 10 by Friday. Call 782-5713.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Don Rose performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.