Calendar of events
• Alzheimer’s Association education meeting, 1-2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Respite care available; call 786-8061.
• Carson City AARP Chapter 723 presents a gala Christmas show at 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Installation of officers will also be held, led by Mayor Ray Masayko. Guests welcome; call 267-1715.
• Edward Jones Investment Representative Bill Planeta holds an open house to celebrate Christmas, 2-6 p.m. at 2176 Highway 50 East. Visit http://www.edwardjones.com or call 841-6056.
• Traditional Paiute willow work and horsehair baskets display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 687-6680.
• Western Nevada Community College hosts the touring art exhibit “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition,” in the College Gallery. Call 445-3238.
• Off Our Rockers performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• American Made Band performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.