Calendar of events
December 21, 2004
• Last day for families to pick up Toys for Tots donations at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way.
• All available slots for the Nevada State Railroad Museum’s Polar Express Experience have been filled. Anyone who has not yet made a reservation may call the museum at 687-6953 to check for cancellations. Cost is $6.50 per passenger, and includes a free ride on a motor car, reading of the Polar Express book, activities and story-related gifts for children ages 5-10 . Hot chocolate and snacks will be served.
• Dean Everett performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Traditional Paiute willow work and horsehair baskets displayed at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. (at Washington). Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 687-6680.
• Western Nevada Community College exhibits “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition” in the College Gallery. Call 445-3238.