Calendar of events
December 24, 2004
• The Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada celebrates Kwanzaa, the seven-day African-American holiday celebrating family, community and culture. 1-3 p.m. at 813 N. Carson St. Free with paid admission to museum. Call 884-2226.
• Traditional Paiute willow work and horsehair baskets display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. (at Washington). Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Call 687-6680.
• Western Nevada Community College hosts the touring exhibit “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition,” in the College Gallery. Call 445-3238.
• Darren Romeo, The Voice of Magic, appears through Wednesday in the Eldorado Showroom, Reno. Tickets start at $25.95. Call 786-5700.
• An evening of storytelling at the Carson City Library, 6;30 p.m., lead by Teens Embracing Reading in Carson. Call 887-2244 ext. 1004.
Recommended Stories For You
• Michael Mandella performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• The Kid & Nic perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.