Calendar of events
December 29, 2004
• “Espresso Yourself: A Teen Poetry Open Mic” night at the Carson City Library, 6:30-8:30 p.m., 900 N. Roop St. Call 887-2244, ext. 1004.
• Farwell open house at City Hall for outgoing Mayor Ray Masayko; noon-4 p.m. City Hall, 201 N. Carson St. Call 887-2100.
• Traditional Paiute willow work and horsehair baskets display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. (at Washington). Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 687-6680.
• Western Nevada Community College hosts the touring exhibit “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition,” in the College Gallery. Call 445-3238.
• Michael Mandella performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• The Kid & Nic perform through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• Darren Romeo, The Voice of Magic, appears in the Eldorado Showroom, Reno. Tickets start at $25.95. Call 786-5700.