Calendar of events
September 1, 2005
• Greg Brown performs at 8 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant and Lounge, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold seating. Call 882Ð3353.
• Nevada Civic Light Opera presents Joy Song, “A Praise Concert,” 7:30 p.m. today, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Donation $5 at the door. Call 887Ð5601.
• Forget-Me-Not days in Carson City for Disabled American Veterans Chapter 7 and Auxiliary Unit 7 through Sunday. Blue flowers (Forget-me-nots) offered to the public for a donation. Call 884-3240.
• North Roop Street from Beverly Drive to Winnie Lane reopens following a 10 a.m. ceremony.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Walter Daniels: Mining Series and Portraits art exhibit at Carson City Art Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Sept. 30. Artist reception from 5-6 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 220-0940.
Recommended Stories For You
• Retreads perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit.
• “An Evening with Gershwin,” 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at Sand Harbor amphitheater. Features Sam Weber “fastest feet in tap.” Visit http://www.LakeTahoeShakespeare.com or call (800) 747-4697.
• 17th annual Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off at John Ascuaga’s Nugget, Victoria Square, Sparks through Monday. Features more than 30 cooks vying for the coveted title; 30 live bands including Collin Raye at 7 p.m. Friday on the Main Stage, Paul Thorn 7 p.m. Saturday Main Stage, .38 Special, 7 p.m. Sunday Main Stage, and Cracker, 3 p.m. Monday Main Stage. All shows free; plus vendors and more. Call 356-3428.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746Ð5024.
• Roberts House Museum’s September Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday at 1207 N. Carson St. Features jewelry, antiques and much more. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday. Call 687Ð6953.
• Blues Traveler performs at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Tickets $40; call (800) 648Ð3353.
• South Lake Tahoe Labor Day weekend, includes fireworks, concerts, Air Fest, 5K run, pancake breakfast and more through Sunday. Blues Traveler in Concert at Caesars Tahoe, 9 p.m. Saturday. Visit http://www.bluelaketahoe.com or call (800) AT-TAHOE.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577Ð2069.
• Destiny’s Child performs at the Reno Events Center. Features Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Tickets $102, $75, $49.50. Call (888) 288-1833.